Fletcher Sandbeck [Announce] Lasso Professional Server 8.5
Jun 09, 2006; 19:50
[Announce] Lasso Professional Server 8.5
DANIA BEACH, Fla. - June 9, 2006 - OmniPilot Software, Inc., has officially announced the release of Lasso Professional Server 8.5 (LP 8.5) - the latest version of the company's Web scripting programming language. LP 8.5 is a more powerful and advanced programming language packed with innovative features and enhanced functionality.
"Some of the more exciting features that we have added are Lasso AJAX tags or LJAX as we like to call them, they enable interactive page updates," said Brett Circe, president of OmniPilot Software. "For the first time, Lasso will natively support five databases including Oracle, MySQL, Filemaker, PostgreSQL, Openbase, SQLite, ODBC, and Microsoft SQL Server."
The following lists a few of the top new features of LP 8.5:
- Universal Binary for Intel Mac: Native support for the best speed and compatibility.
- LJAX: Supports Web 2.0 techniques for modern dynamic web design. Includes Lasso AJAX tags and JavsScript functions working together to enable interactive page updates.
- Support for many Native Data Sources including: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, ODBC, Filemaker and OpenBase.
- Built in LDAP Integration: Integrate Lasso with office data and login systems.
- Specify data sources within inlines. Prepared statements allow faster DB operations. Create multiple result sets from a single inline.
- Shell Support: Allows access to native processes within the OS.
- Enhanced Site Admin: View, prioritize and abort threads from the Admin.
- Email Enhancements: Direct sending to remote SMTP servers, SSL support, improved encoding speed, better support for attachments.
LP 8.5 retails for $649, and upgrades start at $349. OmniPilot offers a free license of LP 8.5 to Premier Members of the Lasso Professional Alliance (LPA). To order your copy of LP 8.5, please visit http://store.omnipilot.com or call us at 954-874-3100.
About OmniPilot Software OmniPilot Software, Inc. is a software development company offering cross-platform business management solutions designed to help small-to-mid-sized businesses (SMBs) optimize their online presence. In 2006, OmniPilot celebrates the 10-year anniversary of Lasso, which survived the boom and bust of the dot.com era because of its loyal following. It has grown from a simple scripting language on the Mac to an enterprise programming language for Mac, Windows and Linux. Lasso is a secure corporate alternative to open source Web development languages. OmniPilot's software is used by over 15,000 corporations worldwide from The Golf Channel to NASA, as well as over 1,000 educational institutions from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to the University of Houston (UH) to name a few. For more information visit http://www.omnipilot.com.
# # #
Media contact: Valerie Milkins Starmark International 954-874-9000 firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Fletcher Sandbeck email@example.com Director of Product Development http://www.lassostudio.com OmniPilot Software, Inc. http://www.omnipilot.com
-- ------------------------------ Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/ Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassostudiotalk.lasso Manage your list subscription: http://www.listsearch.com/lassostudiotalk.lasso?manage
This site manages and broadcasts several email lists pertaining to Lasso Programming and technologies related and used by Lasso developers. Sign up today!