Fletcher Sandbeck [Announce] Lasso Professional 8.0.6 Beta
Aug 05, 2005; 11:39
[Announce] Lasso Professional 8.0.6 Beta
We are very pleased to announce the start of a beta program for Lasso Professional 8.0.6.
Lasso Professional 8.0.6 is planned to improve the performance and address bugs that have been reported for LP8. This is a public beta test, but we want to keep discussion of the beta on its own list. Write to <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you want to participate in the beta test.
The following notable changes are included in the beta. Full details can be found in the change notes in the beta download.
- Security - The beta includes the security fix which was distributed for 8.0.5 and other fixes and enhancements.
- Syntax - The issue of variables which were set in parentheses syntax holding their value has been corrected.
- Performance - The SQLite session manager has improved performance. Issues which could affect the performance of -SQL inlines and custom tags have been addressed. The performance of the namespace loader has been improved.
- Encoding - The issue which could cause Lasso to send pages in an undesirable character set to FireFox (and other browsers) has been corrected. The issue which could cause variable results to be double-encoded has been corrected.
- PDF Tags - Now support creating encrypted PDFs, reading and writing FDF data to and from existing PDFs, and more.
- Bug Fixes - Several crashing issues have been corrected. In addition, issues with the email tags, link tags, session tags, administration LassoApps, and more have been corrected.
- Lasso Studio - Fixes for issues with Lasso Studio for GoLive CS and CS2 are included in a separate Lasso Studio 8.0.6 release also available through this beta program.
To make things easier for release, we are going to isolate the beta program to a beta mailing list. Those who wish to participate in the 8.0.6 beta will need to email <email@example.com> and you will be added to the mailing list.
-- ------------------------------ Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/ Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassostudiotalk.lasso Manage your list subscription: http://www.listsearch.com/lassostudiotalk.lasso?manage
This site manages and broadcasts several email lists pertaining to Lasso Programming and technologies related and used by Lasso developers. Sign up today!